The providers listed below offer consistently high rated Medicare Advantage plans. CMS developed these 2014 Medicare Advantage Ratings in advance of the annual enrollment period. Each of the evaluated plans are rated and then scored on a 5 star scale. These plans receive a high performing score as a result of there performance on the Overall Part C measures. There was no change in the number of Medicare Advantage plans receiving five star rating in 2014. Plans ranking in the four or higher categories have increased from 26% in 2013 to 35% in 2014
The CMS main focus on evaluating each of these plans is based on five domains:
- Outcome: measures focus on improvements to a beneficiary’s health as a result of the care that is provided.
- Intermediate outcomes: Intermediate outcome help move patients closer to the “outcome” as defined above. Controlling Blood Pressure is an example of an intermediate outcome where the outcome would be better health status for beneficiaries with hypertension.
- Patient experience: Patient experience measures represent beneficiaries’ perspectives about the care they have received.
- Access: Access measures reflect issues that may create barriers to receiving needed care. Plan Makes Timely Decisions about Appeals is an example of an access measure.
- Process: Process measures the method by which health care is provided.
|Provider Name||Plan Name||State||Rating|
|Kaiser Permanente||Kaiser Permanente Advantage Inland Empire||California|
|Group Health Cooperative||Group Health Coop Clear Care Basic||Washington|
|Gundersen Health Plan, Inc.||Gundersen Senior Preferred||WI,IA|
|Cigna-HealthSpring||Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage (HMO)||Florida|
|Providence Health Plans||Providence Medicare||OR, WA|
|Medical Associates Health Plan||Medical Associates Basic Plan (Cost)||Iowa|
|Dean Health Plan, Inc.||DeanCare Gold Basic (Cost)||Wisconsin|
|Kaiser Permanente||Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage(HMO)||Hawaii|
- 5 Stars – Excellent
- 4 Stars – Above Average
- 3 Stars – Average
- 2 Stars – Below Average
- 1 Star – Poor